Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Needed Change of Pace - Class Update



I know I have frustrated quite a few people by dangling classes in front of you all like a carrot on a stick. It has been a long, busy and frustrating year trying to bring this to fruition. I can't give you a schedule yet but I can say we are much closer, this is what has taken place.

I am now an employee of LSU, this means that my days of running a custom ebiniste shop are over for the time being. Instead I will be working on historic pieces, structures, exhibits AND working on getting those classes going. The next several months will be spent dividing my time between some conservation and prepping space and benches for classes! This is how I will spend my time now as well as on continued exhaustive research on Early Louisiana furniture and structures.

If anyone had told me a year ago that I would soon willingly close up my shop I would not have believed them, but it's true! I am happily clearing the space out, packing up my tools and moving them to the museum where I will use them under the inquisitive and scrutinous eyes of visitors.

So without dangling the carrot again, OK so I really am, I can say with utmost certainty that classes are in the very near future.

- Jean


© Jean Becnel, 2013. 
The material found herein is the sole intellectual property of it's author(s). 


Reproduction of this information is strictly forbidden without the written permission of it's author(s)

No comments:

Post a Comment